Support your local communities in a different way by donating your car, truck, RV, boat, or plane to Habitat for Humanity’s car donation program, Cars For Homes.
All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle donation provide strength, stability and self-reliance for families across the United States. You donation could be tax deductible, and towing is always free!
Why should I donate my vehicle?
- 100 percent of the net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will be used by Habitat Suffolk to build and repair affordable homes.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction for donating a vehicle.
- It’s fast and easy.
- 30 percent of cars donated to Habitat are recycled for materials or sold for reusable parts.
- Recycling steel uses less energy and natural resources and produces less carbon pollution.
- Taking an inefficient older car off the road helps save gas and improves air quality.
How do I donate my car in Suffolk County?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork is needed to donate a car in the state of New York?
New York State will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car. To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What if I have more questions?
We’d be happy to answer them. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find more information by clicking HERE